As the New Year approaches, Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center encourages those who are suffering with addictions to make a change in their lives for the upcoming year.
“We’re all busy making resolutions that generally involve finances or losing weight,” begins a spokesperson for Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center. “We’d like to encourage those who are suffering from addictions or alcoholism to make an honest evaluation of their lives and ask themselves where they would like to be in the next year. If they find they are ready to take that next step to live a life of sobriety, the New Year is the perfect time to set the actions in motion which will result in those changes beginning to happen.”
• Between the years 2001 and 2005, the number of Americans between the ages of 50 and 59 who were using illegal drugs almost doubled.
• Nearly six million children in America live with at least one parent who suffers from a drug or alcohol addiction.
• In the past 30 years, death from drug overdose has risen over 540 percent.
• The three top abused drugs are alcohol, marijuana and prescription painkillers.
• Drug abuse and addiction costs employers over $122 billion in lost productivity and $15 billion in health insurance costs
• In the past 20 years, the number of individuals who take prescription drugs illegally is believed to have risen by over 500 percent.
For the past 12 years, Mountainside has established itself as an innovator within the addiction treatment field, and the treatment modalities Mountainside utilizes are regarded as among the most cutting-edge approaches in helping individuals to get and to remain sober.
The compassionate, caring treatment team at Mountainside is comprised of licensed and certified counselors and social workers as well as a Nurse Practitioner and a Registered Nurse, both of whom have specialization and extensive experience in drug addiction and alcohol treatment. For clients who may have psychiatric issues and/or a dual diagnosis, Mountainside provides the services of a Psychiatrist who also has specialization in addictions. As a result of their unique, innovative approaches to addiction treatment over the past 12 years, Mountainside has become the model for the addiction treatment field.